Preparing for a new normal with BlackBox Edge
After an unexpected crisis that saw most businesses close and organisation’s have to work remotely, the time has now come for those same places to reopen their doors to trade. The RDS BlackBox Edge contains the evolved BlackBox technology that has been developed to support this transition and help minimise the spread of the virus and provide an effective track and trace solution for those in the hospitality and retail sectors.
The BlackBox Edge can support unto 15 litres of hand sanitiser and incorporates temperature monitoring technology that is accurate to within 0.3 degrees.
Hand Sanitiser Stations with BlackBox Edge
- Automated mechanics – auto dispensing sanitisation units securing safety of users
- High quality sanitiser – 70% ethanol ZERO sanitiser, successfully tested against COVID-19 and kind to your skin
- Temperature checks – compulsory in some countries, a recorded temperature check supports a safe environment for staff and customers
- Customer contact – information available to support effective track and trace for hospitality/retail outlets.
- Facial recognition – managing access and movement as part of access control measures
- Alert system – automatic notification, identifying to a specific person to manage and monitor access arrangements
- Access control – safety measures to restrict access to those that have passed appropriate safety checks
- Data recording – effective monitoring and recording to increase safety and reduce claims.
What could safety look like for you and your organisation?
By implementing the BlackBox Edge, employees, customers and visitors will feel confident that preventive measures and a process is in place. With the option of customisation and your own corporate branding, the BlackBox technology provides a one stop solution that includes the following:
- Detection of skin surface temperature in one second
- Facial recognition that can independently identify staff/customers and report their statuses
- Automatic sanitisation and therefore no physical contact
- Alarm notification – notifications for operators or security which can then be used to prevent entry
- AI analytics that can bring together information for central reporting
- Variation of heights for accessibility requirements and wheelchair users
Further guidance and practical suggestions
1. Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment – Gov Guidance here
2. Develop cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
3. Help people to work from home
4. Maintain 2m social distancing where possible
5. Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
Blackbox Edge provides a fully auditable solution
Available to purchase outright or on a 36 month finance arrangement
Wellbeing and Safety
The wellbeing of the workforce is the responsibility of the employer
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost?
How long is the lead time from procurement to installation?
Does RDS lead on support and maintenance?
Yes, RDS are the lead provider of ongoing support and maintenance.
Will the system notify me when a member of staff or public has not sanitised?
Yes, the system can notify operators or security if a user has not used the sanitiser.
Is there an alert set for when temperature is above 38C
Yes, the station can notify an operator or security that an employee or visitor has a recorded temperature over 38C which can then be used to prevent entry.
Is there an alert for when sanitiser is running low?
Yes, the sanitiser station will notify relevant staff that sanitiser is running low
What are the system requirements for set installation and extracting data?
Power source within 2 metres.
Do I need to acquire any other products for Black Box Edge to function as described?
No, we will supply all the required products and technology as part of the installation to get you up and running.
Is Black Box Edge GDPR compliant?
Yes, our internal GDPR experts have confirmed BlackBox Edge is fully compliant and we will provide you with the necessary audit documentation.